Pay Monthly Mobile Phone Insurance
£ per month
For just £ per month Phones 4u Care mobile insurance will repair or replace your handset with a brand new mobile of a like for like specification if yours gets damaged or breaks down.
Your claim can normally be dealt with in store on the same day or a replacement will be delivered to you the next working day.
- An excess of £50 will apply for all handsets when making claims for damage.
- This policy does not cover loss or theft of your mobile
- For your own benefit and protection you should read the Summary of Cover carefully before adding insurance to your order. If you do not understand any point please call us on 0844 871 0535 before you purchase.
Insurance Policy Summary
This section gives a summary of the insurance cover. Full terms, conditions and exceptions are detailed within the Policy Document you can find at the start of this section, and which will be sent to you in your Welcome Pack. Please scroll down to view the full details.
Please read the information below to ensure that you understand the cover and determine if it is suitable and meets your needs prior to purchasing. We are not providing you with advice or making any recommendations on whether this product is suitable for you but should you have any questions about the policy please call us on 0844 871 0535 before you decide to purchase it.
Taking out Phones 4u Care is not compulsory when you purchase from Phones 4u. The policy is automatically renewed and payable on a monthly basis until you cancel it. A monthly Direct Debit will be set up to pay for your insurance and payments will be collected from your bank account under the identifier Phones 4u Care. The insurance will be Automatically cancelled if your Direct Debit fails or you cancel it.
The mobile device and SIM card purchased from Phones 4u will be covered for:
We aim to "Keep you mobile..." Should you need to make a claim, bring your device to your nearest Phones 4u store and we'll assess it there and then. If you need to claim for breakdown within your manufacturer's warranty, we'll handle it all for you, "Keeping you mobile…".
If we need to replace your device, the replacement will be "new for old" and "like for like" which means you'll receive a brand new one which is either the same make and model or of an equivalent specification.
What's not included
- Loss or theft of your device
- A £50 payment that will be required from you in the event of a claim for damage
- Cosmetic repairs which don't affect day to day use or damage which has been caused in multiple incidents which you want to make a single claim for
- Damage to your device which has been caused deliberately by you
- The replacement of any content or data on your device
Full details of what's included can be found in section A of the Policy Document, and what's not included can be found in section B.
Need to make a claim
- Pop into any of our stores with your device
- We'll ask you some questions about the device and what's happened to it
- We'll aim to get your device sorted straight away so we "Keep you mobile..."
- We'll decide there and then whether we can fix your device, and if we can't we'll try and replace it whilst you're in the store. We may need to arrange for a device to be delivered the next working day (as long as your claim is assessed before 2pm Monday to Friday)
- If we need to replace your device, the new one will either be the same make and model, or if that's not available, you'll get one of an equivalent specification
- We appreciate that not everyone will be able to get to a store quickly, so give us a call on 0844 871 0535* and we'll deal with your claim over the phone
- We will arrange for a replacement device to be delivered, and your faulty/damaged device to be collected, the next working day (as long as your claim is assessed before 2pm Monday to Friday)
More details can be found in section C of the Policy Document.
We'll tell you the cost of the policy before you buy it and we'll confirm it on your Certificate. The price will depend on the make and model of the mobile device covered and this includes any taxes or additional charges which may apply.
This monthly payment is separate from any payments you make to your network provider and it won't be automatically cancelled when your contract with the network comes to an end. The policy is automatically renewed each month, and the monthly payment will be taken by Direct Debit.
More details can be found in section D of the Policy Document.
Cancellation - if you've had second thoughts
You can cancel this policy within the first 14 days after receiving the Policy Document, and if we've taken a payment, we'll refund it. If you've made a claim within the 14 days, you may be required to pay for the services provided. You're not tied in for any minimum period so you can have the policy for as little or as long as you like.
You can cancel this at any time by popping into a store, or by calling Customer Services on 0844 871 0535*.
Once purchased, as long as we're receiving your monthly payment you'll be covered, but if the policy isn't for you any more, it's up to you to cancel. We don't want you to be paying for something you don't want or need.
More details can be found in section E of the Policy Document.
Got a question? Need to make a complaint?
We want to make sure you're happy. Should you need to talk to us, you can pop into a store, or contact us on 0844 871 0535*. If after making a complaint you are still unhappy, you may be able to contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.
More details can be found in section F of the Policy Document.
When you buy this policy you're protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if the insurer cannot meet its liabilities. You are covered for 90% of the entire claim without any upper limit. You can get more information about the compensation scheme arrangements by contacting the FSCS on 0207 741 4100 or 0800 678 1100, or by visiting their website at fscs.org.uk
Need another copy?
The Policy Document is also available in large print, audio and Braille, so get in touch with our Customer Services team if you'd like to request a copy in one of these formats. The same applies if you just need a replacement.
English law applies to this policy, it's written in English and all communication with you will be in English.
Phones 4u Limited (FRN 404471) is an appointed representative of Policy Administration Services Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA). The insurance cover has been arranged by Policy Administration Services Limited (FRN 307406) with a single provider, London General Insurance Company Limited (LGI) (FRN 202689). LGI is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
FSA registration details can be checked on their website at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/ or by phoning 0845 606 1234. If you need to register a complaint, please contact the Customer Relations Department, Policy Administration Services Ltd, PO Box 99, Blyth, NE24 9DN or call 0844 871 0535*. If Policy Administration Services Limited cannot settle your complaint, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our liabilities.
Phones 4u £100 Trade In Price Promise
Our price promise will give you at least £100 towards a new handset and contract when you trade in your old device. This also applies to any device you've received after making a claim under the Phones 4u Care insurance policy.
To claim your £100 minimum trade in:
- You must have a Phones 4u Care insurance policy on the handset you are trading in.
- We must be able to identify your device by serial number as the one provided by Phones 4u.