Pay Monthly Mobile Phone Insurance
£ per month
For just £ per month Phones 4u Care mobile insurance covers:
- New for old replacement
- In store claims service
The policy does not cover:
- Loss or loss of the handset
- An excess of £50 will apply for all handsets when making claims for damage.
For your own benefit and protection you should read the Summary of Cover carefully before adding insurance to your order. If you do not understand any point please call us on 0844 871 0535 before you purchase.
Insurance Policy Summary
What's covered The mobile device and SIM card purchased from Phones 4u will be covered for:
The benefits of this policy are:
- We will repair or replace your device where damage has been caused
- We will repair or replace your device where it has suffered a breakdown
- When we assess a claim we'll decide whether your device can be fixed there and then, or whether we need to replace it.
- If you need to claim for breakdown within your manufacturer's warranty, we'll handle it all for you, "Keeping you mobile...".
Should you need to make a claim, bring your device to your nearest Phones 4u store and we'll assess it there and then. You can also make a claim by telephone. If we need to replace your device, the replacement will be "new for old" and "like for like" which means you'll receive a brand new one which is either the same make and model or of an equivalent specification.
What's not covered
- Loss or theft of your device and/or SIM card
- A £50 payment that will be required from you in the event of a claim for damage
- Cosmetic repairs which don't affect day to day use or damage which has been caused in multiple incidents which you want to make a single claim for
- Damage to your device which has been caused deliberately by you
- The replacement of any content or data on your device.
We can only cover devices which are supplied directly by Phones 4u. If you have made an insurance claim elsewhere, and no longer have the original device, you will no longer be covered and will need to cancel this policy.
Full details of what's included can be found in section A of the Policy Document, and what's not included can be found in section B.
You may need to review the cover provided by this policy periodically to ensure that it continues to meet your needs.
Need to make a claim?
- Pop into any of our stores with your device.
- Phones 4u will ask you some questions about the device and what's happened to it.
- We aim to get your device sorted straight away so we "Keep you mobile...".
- Phones 4u will decide there and then whether they can fix your device, and if they can't they'll try and replace it whilst you're in the store. Phones 4u may need to arrange for a device to be delivered the next working day (as long as your claim is assessed before 2pm Monday to Friday).
- If we need to replace your device, the new one will either be the same make and model, or if that's not available, you'll get one of an equivalent specification. Unfortunately we can't guarantee the colour of the replacement.
- We appreciate that not everyone will be able to get to a store quickly, so give us a call on 0844 871 0535* and we'll deal with your claim over the phone.
- We'll arrange for a replacement device to be delivered, and your faulty/damaged device to be collected, the next working day (as long as your claim is assessed before 2pm Monday to Friday).
- Deliveries can only be made to a UK address.
Where deliveries are arranged at the weekend they are likely to take two working days to reach you.
More details can be found in section C of the Policy Document.
We'll tell you the cost of the policy before you buy it and we'll confirm it on your Certificate. The price will depend on the make and model of the mobile device covered and this includes any taxes or additional charges which may apply.
This monthly payment is separate from any payments you make to your network provider and it won't be automatically cancelled when your contract with the network comes to an end. The policy is automatically renewed each month, and the monthly payment will be taken by Direct Debit.
More details can be found in section D of the Policy Document.
Cancellation - if you've had second thoughts
You can cancel this policy within the first 14 days after receiving the Policy Document, and if we've taken a payment, we'll refund it. If you've made a claim within the 14 days, your payment will not be refunded. You're not tied in for any minimum period so you can have the policy for as little or as long as you like.
You can cancel this at any time by popping into a store, by calling Customer Services on 0844 871 0535*, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post.
Once purchased, as long as we're receiving your monthly payment you'll be covered, but if the policy isn't for you any more, it's up to you to cancel. We don't want you to be paying for something you don't want or need.
More details can be found in section E of the Policy Document.
Got a question? Need to make a complaint?
We want to make sure you're happy. Should you need to talk to us, you can pop into a store, or contact us by calling 0844 871 0535* or by email to email@example.com. If after making a complaint you are still unhappy, you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service. More details can be found in section F of the Policy Document.
When you buy this policy you're protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if the insurer cannot meet its liabilities. You are covered for 90% of the entire claim without any upper limit. You can get more information about the compensation scheme arrangements by contacting the FSCS on 0207 741 4100 or 0800 678 1100, or by visiting their website at fscs.org.uk
Need another copy?
The Policy Document is also available in large print, audio and Braille, so get in touch with our Customer Services team if you'd like to request a copy in one of these formats. The same applies if you just need a replacement.
English law applies to this policy, it's written in English and all communication with you will be in English.
Phones 4u Limited (FRN 404471) is an appointed representative of Policy Administration Services Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The insurance cover has been arranged by Policy Administration Services Limited (FRN 307406) with a single insurer, London General Insurance Company Limited (LGI) (FRN 202689). LGI is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority.
Registration details can be checked on the Financial Services Register.
Web: fca.org.uk/register Telephone: 0800 111 6768 or 0207 066 1000
Phones 4u £100 Trade In Price Promise
Our price promise will give you at least £100 towards a new handset and contract when you trade in your old device. This also applies to any device you've received after making a claim under the Phones 4u Care insurance policy.
To claim your £100 minimum trade in:
- You must have a Phones 4u Care insurance policy on the handset you are trading in.
- We must be able to identify your device by serial number as the one provided by Phones 4u.